First I'd like to start by addressing those of you who doubt the existence of Jesus at all. If you are one of these people, click here http://www.thekristo.com/ and read the short article and then come back to this page.
Ok, on to business then:
1) Have you sinned? Don't think so? Ever told a lie, even a little white lie? Ever stolen something, even just a penny? Have you ever known it was right to do something, and then not done it?
The Bible says:
- "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us." -1John 1:8 "As it is written, there is none righteous, no, not one." -Romans 3:10 (Every man woman and child has sinned).
- "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God." -Romans 3:23 (You may be a good person, but even sinning just once (which we all have) we still fall short of the Glory of God, because God is without sin).
- "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned." -Romans 5:12 (We are all descendent's of Adam and Eve, and because Adam and Eve sinned, we are then born into sin because it is passed on to us, so even if you've never lied cheated or stolen, you are still guilty of sin).
- "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all." -James 2:10 (Even if you only tell a white lie once in your life and otherwise never sin, the Bible says that if you are guilty of one sin, you are guilty of all sins... for example, if you are guilty of lying, you are also guilty of murder; if you are guilty of cheating on a test in school, you are guilty of adultery and thievery also).
Now, we know that God isn't going to let sin into heaven... and now that we've established that every single person on earth has sinned, this isn't looking so good for you and me to get into heaven is it? But luckily for us, there's good news. Keep reading.
2) We still have hope:
The Bible says:
- "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." -Romans 6:23
- "And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire." -Revelation 20:14-15 (The book of Revelations was written about future events (events that still have not happened yet. In
- "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the lord shall be saved." -Romans 10:13 (To be saved, we need to call on Jesus for help).
- "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." - Romans 5:8 (Jesus was free of sin, because he is God, and because he came down to us in human form, free of sin and died for sins that he did not commit, he paid for all of our sins so that we don't have to).
- "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the father but by me." -John 14:6 (No man woman or child gets into heaven without Jesus' help because we fall short of the glory of God, but Jesus doesn't).
- "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. -Romans 1-:9-10 (How do you ask for Jesus' help? Confess that he died on the cross for you, and was raised from the dead and went to heaven because he is God, and is the Son of God (the Christ), and confess to Him that you are a sinner (every person on earth is) and need Jesus' help to get to heaven).
- "Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father; but he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the father also." - 1John 2:23 (If you deny that Jesus is God's Son, God will deny you entrance to heaven and eternal salvation).
- "Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son." -1John 2:22
- "If any man sin, we have an advocate with the father, Jesus Christ the righteous; and he is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world." -1John 2:1-2 (Jesus died for the sins of the whole world... all we need to do to obtain that salvation that he offers us is to ask for it by believing in him and confessing that he is God and we need his help to get into Heaven).
- "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." -1John 1:9 (God is a forgiving and just God. He wants us to be in heaven with him, and has given us a way to get there by sending his Son Jesus Christ to die for us. All you need to do is confess that you are a sinner and that you need Jesus' help to get into heaven).
The Bible says:
- "For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, and have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, if they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance, seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame." -Hebrews 6:4-6 (Jesus died once for our sins... not over and over and over again, meaning that once is good enough for eternity. You can't lose your salvation because if you did and then got saved again, it would mean Jesus would have to die again on the cross for you).
- "And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life." 1John 2:25 (Eternal means forever).
- "And this is the record that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life." -1John 5:11-12 (Once again, eternal life. If you accept Jesus as your savior you will have that eternal life with God, and if you don't accept him, than you will not have that eternal life).
4) Does this salvation give us a license to sin?
The Bible says:
- "For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God." -1John3:8-9 (Some people say that because after you accept Jesus as your savior your soul no longer sins that you then have a "license" to sin, meaning that because you can't lose your salvation by sinning you can do whatever you want... murder, lie, cheat, steal, commit adultery... true, even murderers, liars, cheaters, and adulterers can get into heaven, but this does not mean that after you are saved you should go burn the town down... When we get to heaven God is going to have rewards for us based on the type of life we lead. Also, after we are saved, there is a change that takes place within us... we should want to do things to please God, not disappoint him. Now that's not to say that God expects you to lead a perfect life... he doesn't. But when you are saved, there is a spiritual "rebirth" if you will... it separates our soul from our body, so that while our flesh may still continue to sin, our soul does not. When you are saved God sends the Holy Ghost into your soul... and if you have a piece of God in you, you can't help but want to do things differently than you would without the Holy Ghost).
So now that we've established that we are all sinners, we all need the help of Jesus Christ to gain entrance into heaven, and that once we are "saved" by accepting the salvation Jesus offers, our salvation is eternal, you might be saying to yourself, "I don't know how to accept Jesus as my savior or how to confess my sins." Have no fear. If you are ready today to accept Jesus Christ as your savior, then pray with me by following the prayer below:
"Jesus, I know that I'm a sinner and that I need your help to save my soul. I know that you are the Son of God, and I want to thank you for dying on the cross for me so that I don't have to pay for my sins, and so that I can have eternal life through you. Please come into my heart Lord and save me. Please forgive me for my sins and help me to repent and be a better person for you. I love you Lord and thank you for your sacrifice. In your name Lord, amen."
Thank you for your time! I hop you found this information helpful and life/soul-saving.